I am finally driving out to Tempe as I type (Stuart is driving actually). It has been really fun to watch all of my fellow competitors arriving in Tempe today. Tomorrow we get to start playing triathlete all weekend!!!
This is a quick post because I am doing it from my phone. I just want to say that I am so lucky to get to do this this my best friend. Stuart has supported me in every way possible. He is my best friend and my love!
So maybe you have been following my journey as I train for Ironman Arizona and you want to follow the race as well. Well here is how you do it!
- I rented a GPS tracker so you can see every step of my bike and run. Just go here and look for Ironman Arizona. Find me (Rebecca Neumeier). You can also download an App for this site as well.
- The IronTrac App will let you see the data coming from my timing chip as I cross the mats. I think it costs $0.99. Make sure you understand that this app depends on the Ironman tracking system. If they are overloaded and having trouble reporting splits, this app will too. To find me look me up by #1261.
- Go to Ironman.com and track me there. I can’t post a link to exactly the page because it won’t be up until Sunday. But here you can find me by number #1261. Once I get on the run it now gives you predicted finishing times as well. This is where you can watch the video feeds! The finish line camera is the best.
My time goals right now are:
1:05-1:10 for the swim
6:00-6:30 for the bike
4:15-4:30 for the run
I am hoping to finish between 11:30 and 12:30.
You can also follow my day thru my Twitter handle @TriBeccaTO or thru Stuart’s @Quadrathon. The same handles apply to Instagram as well.
Packing hell…That is what I am in. I hate packing for trips because I have no idea what I want to wear three days from now! I was hoping to work from home tomorrow so I could pack at my leisure but I have to go in so now I have to figure it all out. #everydaystruggles
You may have read on my blog that I am a Vanderkitten VIP. I was very lucky to be chosen to be a VIP this year. The AMAZING group of ladies really kickstarted my year off right with lots of motivation to kick ass! Once I made it through Vineman I got super focused on Ironman Arizona and kind of drifted away from the group over the the Ironaman Arizona Facebook group. Tonight one of the kittens reached out and asked me to join them in Temp for a ride. I wish I could have been more involved in the group but my schedule just made it impossible. I can’t wait to see the kittens out there cheering on race day and they really got me started on what has been a fabulous year! They are an amazing professional organization and outstanding group of VIPs!
Now, for the picture above. I am sure I will be a couple of those Dwarves on race day, but I have thought of a couple others. I will also be
and definitely Weepy!
I was very lucky to get today off. The days I have doubles (even though it was only 90 minutes of total exercise) are really hard with work and kids. It was a very relaxing day and being able to easily get my two workouts in was excellent. I have started accumulating stuff for the race. I won’t really pack until Thursday when we leave; but I am setting out the things I need and making lists in my head. I took my bike into the shop today for one last checkup. I found a goathead stuck in my tire on Sunday and when I pulled it out I flatted. I ride tubeless so this was a bummer. But after everything it has turned out to be a good thing. I finally got to try a can of fix flat on my tubeless tire! We used the can, spun the wheel, eventually inflated it to full pressure, and watched what happened. It held the tire pressure!!! This makes me feel much better about what would happen if I get a flat on Sunday (which I won’t just to be clear). Even though the fix flat did the trick I bought a new tire and they are replacing it for me right now!
Oh, and I got a super cute new hat!
The blog may get a little frenetic these last couple days. My mind is racing and I just need to let it relax. Honestly I am in the best place I could possibly be at this point!
I swam this morning and it went well. My shoulder is sore like it was early in training. I will take Aleeve this week to see if that helps. It gets better with more swimming so that is a good thing! The last set in my workout out was 5 X 200 at race pace. I want to swim a 1:05 in the race; which works out to a 1:32/100 yard average pace. Tough, but not impossible. So below were my splits from the set.
Just a little shy of the magic 1:32 pace. I am hoping that the wetsuit and excitement helps get me there.
I had a nice chat with Jordan Rapp this morning. He is a professional triathlete that lives near by and because of that I keep seeing him when I am training. We swim at the same pool, run the same roads, and this weekend we even biked the same routes. He will be racing Arizona as well. Of course he will finish a little bit before me… you know, about 4 hours earlier… He is a super nice guy and I am pulling for him to win! Also, I asked him to stop by the finish and cheer me on after his race :-) He said he is usually eating by 12:00 hours but if I hit the 11:30, like my coach is predicting, he might be there. A little more motivation never hurts!
That is it! Nothing more to do but keep moving and get to race day. When I first started this I said I would do a weekly video. Well, I didn’t do that well at that so this week the whole re-cap is in the video! Hope you watch it!
I will be posting links for who to follow me on race day so keep an eye on the blog!
I have 9 more sleeps until THE race. I have been planing for this race for easily 16 months since the day I signed up to volunteer. Now that the day is alomst here, the thought of not having the next year planned out scares me! We have decided to do the TransRockies Run in August of 2015 which will be epic and awesome. But to get to that point, we need to fill in the first 8 months of the year with races that will help get us ready for the big one. So here is what we are thinking… (this is just a preliminary plan; expect some change)
- 13.1 LA January ??, 2015 – Not sure if this really going to happen but just in case it is on our radar
- Calico 30K/50K January 25, 2015 – Just the 30K for me but 50K for Stuart
- Sean O’Brien 50K February 7, 2015
- LA Marthon March 15, 2015 – I am hoping to help pace a friend to a PR (she doesn’t know it yet)
- The Great Race of Agoura 13.1 March 28, 2015- fun local race
- Leona Divide 50 mile April 18, 2015 – This one scares me a little…
- Rim to Rim to Rim 46-50 miles May 9, 2015 – This will be a self supported crossing of the Grand Canyon..TWICE! This one REALLY scares me! But with Stuart I can do anything!
- Transrockies Run 120 miles over 6 days August 11-16, 2015 – What would be a better way to spend a week in Colorado?