- Running – 118 Miles /18:40
- Swimming – 12 miles/6:31
- Biking – 277 miles/16:53
- Total Distance – 409 miles
- Total Time : 42:50
Big month for racing because I did my second 70.3 triathlon of the year! It was a huge for success for me since I beat the goal I had set for myself and had a very successful race. I finished the race in 5:32:change. I was most proud of my run. After the 1.2 mile swim and 56 mile bike I felt very strong off the bike and had a great run; 1:51:10 for the 13.1 miles! I also did a better job of managing my nutrition and hydration during the race. It was very rewarding for everything to come together on race day. What was even better was I felt great after the race!
Notes on Month
It was still a very stressful month at home while some things are getting sorted out. That combined with racing meant a week to taper and a couple to recover which took a ding in my mileage. But it actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I finally did my first 20 mile run for my marathon plan. It went really well and I am encouraged to train hard for my upcoming Portland Marathon in October.
Goals for Next Month
- There are a few things I would like to focus on in August.
- Increase my running miles so I can be well prepared for the marathon in October and hopefully my first ultra in November.
- Work harder to make the splits I am supposed to when doing interval or tempo work. I tend to just try harder during those runs but I don’t really watch my pace too carefully.
- And as always, spend more time on my bike. I need to get more comfortable and stronger on the bike so I am ready for some serious Ironman training starting in December (the goal is Ironman St. George in May!)