- Running – 99 Miles / 15:10
- Swimming – 24 miles/ 15:07
- Biking – 386 miles/ 26:05
- Total Distance – 512 miles
- Total Time – 61:49 (close to a 13 hour increase over December)
I did the 13.1 Los Angeles. I hadn’t been doing much speed work or focused running so this race was just about completing the distance and having a good time
Notes on Month
This was my first full month of Ironman St. George training. My goal was really just to stick to my plan(s) and I think I did pretty well considering. My swimming is coming along nicely, my run is coming back to me, and I feel stronger on the bike every time I go out. The biggest thing I am struggling with are the weekday workouts. Life/family/work keeps me pretty busy so weekdays can be a challenge. I did my longest ride at the very end of January, 81.6 miles and I felt pretty good during and after. Early in February I will be doing my first century on a bike. I am really excited to cover the distance!
Goals for February (I am keeping them the same as last month because they all still apply)
- Just keep working on my bike. Saddle time, saddle time, saddle time!
- Get my running mileage back up!
- Eat cleaner. I want to get better about bringing healthy food to work. I had gotten my weight down to under 130 at the end of the summer and I would really like to get back there again.
- Stick to my training plan and not get frustrated when life intervenes. Life will always intervene.
- Get my kids more involved in my training. I am working on getting the youngest more comfortable on his bike so they can ride with me while I run.