If you didn’t know it already, Garmin has a market place of sorts where you can find cool things to add to your Garmin device. It is called Connect IQ. I had a comment on another post yesterday asking about how you add a data field from Connect IQ to your device. So here you go!
- In the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smart phone find the Connect IQ Store selection in the more menu.
2. Search the store for the field you may like. There are many options for searching. Make sure you are searching for a field that is compatible with your device.
3 & 4. Select the data field you want and download it. You should get a notification after it is downloaded that it will be available on your device after you sync the watch.
5. Sync your device.
6. Navigate to the Activity Settings for the desired activity (I am doing running).
7. Use the arrows to select the Data Screens.
8. For this example we need the layout set to one field for this screen.
9. Click down one time to choose the field. The trick here is that the fields are listed with like fields (HR, Pace, Power, etc…). You should find a selection for Connect IQ.
10. Select the correct field and then get out of the settings by using the back button.
11. Navigate through the screens while in the activity and you should see the new field!
There are some really cool things available in Connect IQ. My favorite thing is choosing a new watch face!
If you have any other questions or functionality you need help with please let me know!